Skip to content Accessibility Help Accessibility Mode

Council Tax and Housing Benefit

/ Support

Council Tax

If you are experiencing any difficulties paying your council tax, please contact us as soon as possible on 01507 601111. We will consider the circumstances of each individual case and will do our best to help if we can. For example

  • We may be able to spread your payments over 12 months rather than 10, making each monthly payment less
  • We might be able to identify discounts you’re entitled to
  • We might be able to defer recovery action to help you to get back on track

Council Tax Support is available for customers on low incomes. It can be claimed online at or by calling us on 01507 60111.

If you are making a claim for Universal Credit and identify on this application that you need a Council Tax discount, you will not need to make a separate claim for Council Tax Support.

If you are a working age Council Tax Support claimant, a hardship payment of £150 will automatically be applied to your council tax account (COVID-19 additional hardship payment)


Housing Benefit

  • You can make a new claim for help with rent. This will need to be done by applying for Universal Credit (UC).
  • When making a claim for UC claimants can ask for a Council Tax discount.
  • Whether housing costs are being supported through Housing Benefit or through UC, if there is a shortfall, you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment for additional help

Please contact the Housing Benefit department on 01507 601111.


Book online now!

Fitness members can book classes online, 7 days in advance.


Stay up to date

Be the first to hear about the latest news, events, discounts and much more by signing up to our newsletter!

Join the Club

Have you signed up for an MV Card, which provides discounts of at least 10% on activities at our leisure centres?

Text Size 100% 150% 200%