Magna Vitae Gymnastics
Children can have fun, make friends and improve their physical condition by joining our Magna Vitae Gymnastics club at Meridian Leisure Centre in Louth. Children will already be doing some basic gymnastics without even realising. Whether that’s bouncing on a trampoline, doing cartwheels, hanging from bars or stretching. Of course, there’s a lot more to it than that. But if they decide to learn, they will be supported every step of the way by our expert coaches.
We affiliate with British Gymnastics and follow all guidance and training they provide. We feel this will give us the best opportunity to develop gymnasts of all ability and ages. We recommend attending a taster-session, which we run monthly. These are £6.00 per session and you can enquire at reception to find out our next available session! From the taster, we would then be able to determine which group would suit the child’s ability best.
We run the following sessions for Pre-School Gymnastics (ages 18months-4yrs):
- Wednesdays | 11am-12pm
- Wednesdays | 12pm-1pm
- Saturdays | 2pm-3pm (18-month to 3yrs)
- Saturdays | 2.45pm-3.45pm (4yrs)
We run the following sessions for Main Programme Gymnastics (ages 5-16yrs):
- Friday – from 4pm – 8:30pm
- Saturday – from 8:30am – 2:30pm (For further details on which Gymnastics stages are within these sessions, please email email@example.com)
Why is it so popular?
Some people do gymnastics just to improve their physical condition. Others enjoy competing in regional, national and international competitions. But by far the biggest reason is the fun factor. There’s always a great atmosphere when people are practicing and training together. And learning how to do somersaults, flips and tricks just feels good.
Who’s it for?
One great thing about the sport is there’s a type of gymnastics to suit every age, ability, fitness level and personality. From toddlers learning motor skills to teens, keen to learn cool new moves, to adults looking for a fresh way to workout, everyone can get a kick out of learning new physical skills.
What will they be learning?
Main programme (5yrs+)
We use British Gymnastics Core Proficiency criteria to teach and grade our gymnasts. Each class will be made up of gymnasts of the same ability, and they will move their way up to an advanced class.
Pre-School Programme (18mth-4yrs)
British Gymnastics Pre-School Proficiency is used for our pre-school classes. This develops basic movements like skipping, jumping, running and rolling. There are themed session with music, filling each session with fun and laughter
Our sessions are for children ages 18 months and over. Progression through the different sessions are based on ability.
- MV Gymnastics is £24.00 per month, via Direct Debit based on one session per week;
- When joining the programme, there is an initial £19 joining fee to be paid at the time of signing up;
- British Gymnastics OVID guidance applied
- Expert Level 1 and Level 2 coaches;
- British Gymnastics Awards for completing different stages;
- Affiliated with British Gymnastics. We have gone through the national governing bodies safeguarding, health and safety and quality insurance checks;
- Code of Conduct.
- If your child is interested in joining our club please contact Meridian Leisure Centre directly on 01507 607650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Local Sports Teams
A variety of local clubs use our centres to meet and to train. Find out about the local clubs who call Magna Vitae their home visit the Sports Club section of the website.