Do you run a sports club in the local area?
Are you looking for advice on how to get off to a great start in a new role at a club?
Are you thinking of starting a sports club from scratch?
Starting a sports club
We have put together some guidance for anyone thinking about setting up a club within the district with information on everything from creating a constitution to holding meetings.
Please see below for information regarding funding and about Sport England Club Matters, a site full of practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club.
Securing funding is vital for most sports clubs to cover increasing costs of running a sports club or organisation. Whether you are a club, project or individual, you may find the following links useful:
Big Lottery Fund Awards for All – Lottery funding for community-based projects across the UK
Sportivate – A Lottery-funded project that gives more young people the chance to discover a sport that they love.
Sport England Funding Advice – Everything from information on how and when to apply, to details of available grants
About Club Matters
Club Matters is Sport England’s one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient, practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club.
Who is Club Matters for?
Club Matters resources are for you if you;
- run a sports clubs, whether large or small, formal or informal;
- are thinking about setting up a club;
- support, are undertaking or considering the Clubmark accreditation; or
- are active in sports development
What are the benefits?
The Club Matters convenient and flexible resources;
- will help you attract and retain members;
- provide practical tips & guidance;
- offer tools to help you understand your club and members; and
- will improve and develop your skills