TED: Ageing Better in East Lindsey
The TED Ageing Better in East Lindsey team have been working hard to find new ways to support the over S0s in East Lindsey with the Coronavirus restrictions. The ConnecTED Together Helpline has been set up for over 50s and their families in East Lindsey to try and help them to cope with the impact of the COVID-19.
The ConnecTED Together Helpline provides a range of different support for over S0s including practical and emotional support via the ConnecTED Helpline along with the options for virtual activities.
The ConnecTED Together services offer:
- Free weekly Friendship Call and Wellbeing
- Help and advice with shopping orders and delivery and ordering
- Support accessing online services and digital
- Information and advice about finances, benefits and allowances, home
- A range of online activities via the ConnecTED YouTube site, including recipes and cookery
- Free ConnecTED Activity Packs which include crosswords, quizzes, word searches and much
- Our KnitTED Together Social Campaign.
How to get in touch with the ConnecTED Helpline:
If you would like to access any of our ConnecTED Services please call one of the numbers below between 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday: (Please select the area closest to your address)
- Binbrook and Louth-01529 301965
- Chapel St Leonards and Alford-01529 301973
- Mablethorpe and Sutton-on-Sea- 01529 301961
- Skegness and lngoldmells- 01529 301966
- Wainfleet and Spilsby- 01529 301970
- Wragby, Horncastle and Woodhall Spa-01529 301951
What services are the TED Delivery Partners currently providing:
Telephone advice including help with Benefits, Debts, Consumer issues, Employment and more. Referrals can be made through the ConnectTED helpline, or please contact the Advice-line on 0300 3309 034 or Text relay: 03444 111 445 which is available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Carers First – Men DO
Wellbeing Telephone and Skype Calls and Peer to Peer Remote Support. Many of the beneficiaries have made good connections with others on the project. The peer to peer support service encourage our beneficiaries to call one another regularly to check in and chat to each other and keep their sparks of friendship going in this difficult time.
Magna Vitae Fitness Food and Friends and CHAPS Projects:
Regular wellbeing calls to registered Fitness, Food and Friends and CHAPS participants. Online support for participants signed up for emails, including recipes, nutrition, fitness, and wellbeing tips. Weekly ‘Tasty Tuesday’ recipes, nutrition & wellbeing tips via social media channels.
Regular links to physical activity ideas which can easily take place within the home, including free access to TVFit, the online app which offers guided workouts aimed at all abilities. Weekly CHAPS updates from the ‘Sporting Memories’ foundation and sign up for the ‘sporting pinks’ newsletter.
For more information on both projects please contact Marko Humphrey on 01507 681811 or 07767 664186 and Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lines Digital – IT Support
IT support delivered at distance including advice on using mobile phones. They can offer you help with how to Skype, FaceTime, use Apps on your device, and with finding information online. A range of digital guides are also available. Call 07783 151469 or email lincsdigi email@example.com
TED Friendship Groups
All of the Ted Friendship Groups have suspended their normal activity but are supporting those participants with Befriending and Wellbeing calls. Volunteers are making regular calls/check ins to offer a time to chat, and support with signposting members to help with shopping, medicine deliveries/collections.
- Horncastle Over S0’s Youth Club
- Time Out Friendship Group – Barratt Court, Skegness
- The Storehouse Friendship Group – Skegness
- Mablethorpe Friendship Group
- Binbrook Community Coffee Morning
- Chapel Garden Centre Friendship Group – Chapel St Leonards
TED Ageing Better in East Lindsey is also working hard to lift community spirit and are asking people across East Lindsey to join us in our KnitTED Together Community Action Campaign. We are asking people to join our KnitTED Together Yarn Bomb, and to help us make our communities brighter places to be. Yarn bombing goes by a variety of names; yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting/crocheting, urban knitting/crocheting, and graffiti knitting/crocheting. Yarn bombing is a type of street art or graffiti and the main motivation is to bring life, warmth, and a feeling of belonging and community to where you live.
If this is something you are interested in then please feel free to decorate your home and gardens with knitted items or patters. The KnitTED Together Community Action Campaign is not just for experienced knitters, if you have never picked up needles before please think about having a go!
We at TED would love to see what you have been crafting, so please send pictures through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be posting your hard work on our website and social media to show how the East Lindsey Community is ConnecTED Together!
How to support us:
Donate to TED via YMCA Lincolnshire. Our team are working tirelessly to assist as many older people as we can. Your donation will make a huge impact on our work reaching the most vulnerable and isolated older people in the community.
Additionally, if you are a company or business who would like to offer support please get in touch. Get in touch with email@example.com if your business can donate something or offer support to our older residents.
- Lincolnshire Resilience Forum – Call: 01522 782189, or visit: https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/coronavirus-support-services
- Lincolnshire Coop – https://www.lincolnshire.coop/community/groups-supporting
- Carers First- Call: 0300 303 1555 or visit: https://www.carersfirst.org.uk/lincolnshire/coronavirus-covid-19
- Mental Health Helpline for Lincolnshire (LPFT)- Call: 0800 0014331
- MIND – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your wellbeing/
- ELDC: Business Support – https://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/CVBusiness
- ELDC site: Food traders (Markets) that offer delivery – https://www.egov.uk/FoodTraders