Triathlon Top Tips have been made for you! Whether you just want to get fit or enter your first triathlon, everyone has to start somewhere. Even the Olympic triathletes!
Take a look at our 10 top tips for your first Triathlon.
- Decide what distance race you would like to do – local races tend to be ‘sprint distance’ which is 400m pool swim, 20km bike and 5km run.
- Seek the advice of the Lifestyle Consultants at your nearest venue to put together a training plan.
- Book some swimming lessons – whether you swam for your school or struggle with doggy paddle there’s always ways to improve your stroke.
- Join a club – the best way to train is with like-minded people. You will have fun and make new friends.
- Think about your kit for swimming – baggy shorts won’t make you streamlined and make sure your goggles fit and don’t leak.
- Make sure your bike is road worthy – whether you have an old shopper bike or a carbon beauty make sure it’s maintained. Take a trip to your local bike shop if you’re not sure.
- Enlist some support – persuade a friend to join you, or train as a family.
- Practice running after cycling – this can be a strange experience for the first time.
- Buy some time saving kit – elastic laces and number belts can save you crucial seconds in transition.
- Relax and enjoy your race. Completing any triathlon is an achievement, review how it went and give it another go!
For more information visit the following websites: