Help us to help you whilst visiting our venues after lockdown
At last, we finally have a re-opening date for our leisure centre venues on the Saturday 25th July!!
We are now looking forward to welcoming you all back in a phased and controlled manner. We cannot wait to see you all again but, our re-opening plans remain focused on the safety of our staff and our customers.
Our small team of dedicated staff have worked incredibly hard in the last few weeks to ensure that our facilities have been thoroughly cleaned and are now COVID 19 secure; hopefully providing you with the confidence to make a swift return. Please reference our website and social media postings to see exactly what we have done, how our sites will look and work when you come back and start to live your great life with us once again.
Please note that we also have some really useful FAQs which are now also available on our website, we hope these will assist you.
We feel it is important that we initially take simple “baby steps” as we ease back into operation from the challenging Pandemic lockdown. Therefore, various activities will begin to be phased back in over a period of time. We fully appreciate that this is not ideal and will not please nor satisfy everyone. However, the new government guidelines, to which we must operate, dictate that we follow this style of approach.
Our facilities due to open on 25th July 2020 are as follows:
- Meridian Leisure Centre, Louth – Fitness Suite with a limited group exercise class programme. Main Pool opens from 27th July, initially modified use.
- Skegness Pool & Fitness Suite – Fitness Suite. Outdoor pool opens from 20th July, initially modified use.
- Horncastle Pool & Fitness Suite – Fitness Suite only.
- Station Sports Centre, Mablethorpe – Fitness Suite only.
From the 25th July, we will greatly appreciate it if all of our customers could abide by the following rules when visiting our venues:
· You need to book your gym session before arriving at the venue; if you turn up at the venue without a booking, you will not immediately be allowed access;
· Bookings can be made up to 3 days in advance via our online booking system; you will receive an email booking confirmation once you have booked a session;
· Fitness Suite bookings will be limited to 1 hour time slots;
· You need to arrive in your gym wear ready for your workout as there will not be any changing facilities available;
· You should bring your own filled water bottle; our water fountains and vending machines will not be in use;
· Please do not bring your own sports towel for use in the Fitness Suite; we will provide “blue roll” and sanitising wipes as a replacement for your towel.
· Please arrive at the venue on time. You will need to wait in your car or queue outside if you arrive early. If you arrive late, you will still be given access for the remainder of your allocated gym session booking.
· Your MV card will allow you to access the venues in Reception; please remember to hand sanitise at every opportunity!
· Frequently use the numerous hand sanitiser stations located throughout our venues, especially when entering and exiting rooms.
· You must wipe all fitness equipment down both before AND after use;
· Toilets will be available at our venues but use will be limited to one person at one time;
· Hand washing facilities will also be available in our toilet spaces, paper towels are to be used to dry your hands, please dispose of these in the bins provided.
· Hand driers and hair driers will not be in use. You should not bring your own hair drier.
· You must follow the one-way directional signage displayed throughout the venue;
· In the Fitness Suites, there are now defined limits as to the number of users allowed to train within a set space, e.g. the free weights area. Please remain mindful of this and please allow other users to access this during the booked session.
· Some equipment has been placed out of use to ensure social distancing is abided by, please do not remove any signage or use these items of equipment;
· Do not stand and socialise with others in the Fitness area, this will reduce the time you have available to complete your workout, use your booking slot wisely;
· When your session time has finished, you must promptly leave the venue thus enabling the next session to start on time.
Please bear in mind that we are taking very rigorous precautions in order to protect the wellbeing of our staff and most importantly you from COVID 19. In order to do this, we will be introducing a phased approach to our reopening arrangements based on customer type. More details on this will follow tomorrow. Please keep watching this space.
Members: Please note you will be sent your log in details on Sunday 19th July directly to your email, providing you have agreed to your membership being reinstated from our opening date, more information about our reopening process will be live tomorrow.