Being a Pool Lifeguard is not an easy job and no day is normal. One moment you could be sitting in the high chair supervising the pool and then the next, the alarm is sounded and you are in the water doing an emergency rescue. You are also required to complete regular ongoing training.
Does this sound like the job for you?
Starting as a Pool Lifeguard is a great way to get your ‘foot in the door’ in the sport, fitness & leisure industry. From here you could look to progress through various roles until you reach management. It is a very rewarding job knowing that you are literally a LIFESAVER! You will have opportunities to work in a fantastic team environment and you’ll learn essential life skills (like basic first aid and CPR) that could make you a hero both at work and in everyday life.
Still not sure this is for you?
Check out what you will be studying throughout the course:
- Section 1: The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision.
- Section 2: Intervention, Rescue and Emergency Action Plans.
- Section 3: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid.
If you have read this far, then we know you are interested. The final question you might be asking is, how do I get started?
EASY! Simply contact us to book your place and we will give you a quick test to make sure you are fit for the qualification:
- Are you at least 16 years of age (by the assessment date)?
- Can you either jump OR dive into deep water?
- Can you swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds?
- Can you swim 100 metres on your front and then 100 metres on your back continuously?
- Can you tread water for 30 seconds?
- Can you perform a surface dive to the floor of the swimming pool?
- Can you climb out of the swimming pool, unaided without the use of any steps or ladders and where the design of the swimming pool permits?