Fitness, Food and Friends is a project commissioned by Talk. Eat. Drink. (T.E.D.) which is a Big Lottery funded project.
T.E.D. is working with Magna Vitae to reduce isolation across East Lindsey and is designed to empower and connect individuals, helping to create sustainable change in communities.
Fitness, Food and Friends will see people aged over 50 getting out and about, becoming more involved in social activities and feeling positive about their future.
Fitness, Food and Friends deliver 12 week courses involving the following:
- Basic nutrition advice.
- Bespoke nutritional advice tailored to specific groups (people with pre-diabetes/diabetes, mental health conditions, fibromyalgia, etc.).
- Option for some practical cookery
- Gentle exercise sessions/seated exercise specific to the needs and fitness levels of the group
- Wellbeing services
- Steps 2 change and information on mental health
- Tai chi
- Financial wellbeing and advice on avoiding scams
- Advice and support on using health apps such as The NHS app
- Signposting to other activities within the local area
- Time for social activity around tea/coffee to chat and make new friends.
For extra information and advice on any of the above areas visit Public Health England’s One You website.
Fitness, Food and Friends has been commissioned by the Talk, Eat and Drink ( T.E.D.) in East Lindsey and is a Big Lottery Funded project.
Where & when?
Community Centre, Roman Bank, Winthorpe, Skegness. PE25 1QP.
12 weeks starting Friday 8th November 2019, 10:30am-12:30pm
Meridale Community Centre, 1 High Street, Sutton on sea, LN12 2ET.
12 weeks starting Monday 13th January 2020, 10:00am-12:00pm
Queen’s Village Hall, Kirmond Road, Binbrook, Market Rasen, LN8 6DS.
12 weeks starting Friday 6th March 2020, 2pm-4pm.
These sessions are a wide mix of health related topics including gentle exercises, activities such as tai-chi, one-pot healthy cooking, advice on subjects such as: stress, arthritis, diabetes, heart health. Along side this some weeks will have visits from organisations such as Wellbeing services and steps 2 change as well as advice on topics such as financial health and avoiding scams.
Want to know more?
For more information please contact Erica Bowering on…
T: 01507 681811
or Marko Humphrey on…
T: 01507 681826