Fitness, Food and Friends is a project commissioned by Talk. Eat. Drink. (T.E.D.) which is a Big Lottery funded project.
T.E.D. is working with Magna Vitae to reduce isolation across East Lindsey and is designed to empower and connect individuals, helping to create sustainable change in communities.
Fitness, Food and Friends will see people aged over 50 getting out and about, becoming more involved in social activities and feeling positive about their future.
Fitness, Food and Friends deliver 12 week courses involving the following:
- Basic nutrition advice.
- Bespoke nutritional advice tailored to specific groups (people with pre-diabetes/diabetes, mental health conditions, fibromyalgia, etc.).
- Option for some practical cookery
- Gentle exercise sessions/seated exercise specific to the needs and fitness levels of the group
- Signposting to other activities within the local area
- Time for social activity around tea/coffee to chat and make new friends.
- We also have some specific sessions planned working with partner organisations such as LincsDigital, a mindfulness/CBT therapist and a Tai Chi Trainer.
For extra information and advice on any of the above areas visit Public Health England’s One You website.
Fitness, Food and Friends has been commissioned by the Talk, Eat and Drink ( T.E.D.) in East Lindsey and is a Big Lottery Funded project.
Where & when?
Meridian Leisure Centre, Wood Lane, Louth, LN11 8SA
12 weeks starting Thursday 19th September 2019 , 1:30pm-3:30pm.
Community Centre, Roman Bank, Winthorpe, Skegness. PE25 1QP.
12 weeks starting Friday 8th November 2019, 10:30am-12:30pm
These sessions are a mixture of gentle exercises/activities along with lifestyle/nutrition advice and some healthy cooking. They are themed each week examples have been: stress, arthritis, bone health, vitamins, diabetes, heart health. Along side this some weeks will have visits
Want to know more?
For more information please contact Erica Bowering on…
T: 01507 681811
or Marko Humphrey on…
T: 01507 681826